Friday, September 14, 2018

Silent Mornings

If I spend the early half of morning - say up to 9 am - my days - working or non working are more productive. Especially if there is no conversation whatsoever. Just some music playing in the background while I go about finishing the morning routine, with the day's plan being formulated in my head, all the time. Once I get ready and come out of the bedroom, I am ready to converse or interact.
When I was in Mumbai, working at Rockym, I would normally have no verbal interaction at all, apart from wishing the security staff a very good morning, till I reached office. Even the bus conductors knew where I would be getting off and I would just hand over the amount for the ticket and they would issue the ticket. No need to say anything. Those silent morning days were the best.
I realised this because wife has a pathological need to talk, especially ask non sensical, non relevant and unnecassary questions - that irritates me because it breaks my morning chain of thought. If I don't answer or answer in monosyllables, she gets angry and more questions follow, ruining my day even further.

No comments:

Post a Comment